2023 Minnesota Airports Conference
April 26–28, 2023
About the Event
This annual event features experts in aviation and aerospace fields sharing their experiences in general assembly presentations, workshops, and open forums. The conference aims to deliver the most up-to-date and advanced information for Minnesota aviation professionals and provide an opportunity for industry and government officials to exchange ideas on funding, trends, airport management, operations, maintenance, and best practices.
This year, the conference will feature Tim Eggebraaten as keynote speaker. Tim is a sought-after national speaker and gifted storyteller with a powerful and witty perspective on balance, growth, leadership, and life. He worked in the criminal justice field for nearly 28 years and is an expert at working the beat.
Other conference highlights include:
- General sessions on topics including the Minnesota State Aviation System Plan update, pavement maintenance, navaids, effective communication and collaboration with elected officials, and more
- Concurrent sessions on PAPIs, airport leases, wildlife management, and runway pavement maintenance
- An attendee welcome session and expanded networking opportunities
- A poster showcase of MCOA project award nominees
- A social mixer and trivia night
- An awards and recognition program
- An exhibit hall featuring innovative products and services
- The Minnesota Council of Airports annual meeting
To create a comfortable and inviting atmosphere, casual attire is encouraged.
Browse the full conference program for complete schedule and session information.
- Register online
- Register using a PO: Please contact Samantha Redmond at 612-626-4965 or [email protected].
- Cost (includes sessions, breakfasts, lunches, breaks, awards luncheon, and prize drawings):
- Full conference: $225 ($255 after April 11)
- One day (Wednesday or Thursday only): $125 ($155 after April 11)
- Guest fee for awards luncheon: $25
Please note: Costs for this event are reimbursable through the MnDOT Aeronautics maintenance and operations funds policy.
Become a Sponsor/Exhibitor
Learn about becoming a sponsor/exhibitor at the 2023 conference.
Who Should Attend
The conference focuses on airport management, operations, and maintenance, but it is open to anyone interested in aviation.
The Arrowwood Resort & Conference Center is fully booked.
Additional conference accommodations are available at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Alexandria at the rate of $139 for a double queen room. To make a reservation, call 320-763-0133 and mention that you're attending the Airports Conference at Arrowwood.
If the golf course is open, Arrowwood will offer a rate $49 for 18 holes of golf with a cart or $25 for 9 holes of golf with a cart for (rates are based on two people per cart). The resort spa will offer a discount of $10 off any $50 service.
For more information, please contact Katherine Stanley at [email protected] or 612-626-1023.
The conference is brought to you by the Minnesota Council of Airports and the Minnesota Department of Transportation and facilitated by the Airport Technical Assistance Program (AirTAP).